Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shucks Paw, ain't you so proud?

5-year-old descendant of Davy Crockett kills bear
"I was up in the stand and I seen the bear," Tre Merritt said. "It came from the thicket and it was beside the road and I shot it."

At first, Mike Merritt didn't think Tre had hit the bear with his youth rifle.

"I said, 'Tre, you missed the bear,' " Mike Merritt said. "He said, 'Paw-paw I squeezed the trigger and I didn't close my eyes. I killed him."'

The bear turned out to be 445 pounds — 12 times the weight of Tre. Mike Merritt said tears rolled down his cheeks when he found out his grandson killed the enormous bear.

Tre Merritt's father said he began teaching his son to shoot when he was just 2 ½ years old, and said Tre killed three deer last year.

Tears, really? If you take the time to watch the video, you can find out what he hopes to kill next.

2 comments:

Mark A Hanna said...

I suppose tears will really come to Paw-paw's eyes when Tre bags his first human.

Anonymous said...

Next he wants to kill a turkey? Isn't that taking a step backwards? He may as well go after a pigeon next. What a loser.

BTW: I am not pro-firearm, I just thought it was odd to go from bear to turkey.