Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Recap and resolutions

Society has been telling me that today is the day when you come up with a list of your top [insert number here] [insert general category here] of 2008, and then go on to list [insert other number here] things that you plan to change in 2009. I’m not sure if there is some sort of punishment for non-compliance, but I figure I’ll be proactive just in case.

10 Things That Happened to Us in 2008

  1. I got a new job.
  2. We moved to Colorado.
  3. Steve got a new job.
  4. Steve got a new job.
  5. We visited Phoenix.
  6. We visited Las Vegas.
  7. We turned 24 and 25.
  8. We watched a ton of Tivo and Netflix.
  9. We walked around in nature.
  10. We ate pizza, burritos, and little else.

5 Things I Say I’ll Change in 2009

  1. Take more pictures that have one or both of us in them. Someday we’ll want to show our kids what we looked like when we were young and adventurous.
  2. Eat fruits and veggies. Burrito lettuce and pizza sauce don’t count.
  3. Drink water, not soda. (Mmmm… soda.)
  4. Reduce the level of crap Steve has to put up with from me just slightly.
  5. Wear socks that in some way match my other clothing items (don’t really care much about that one, just noticed my blue socks are a bit obvious with my brown pants and shoes).

Also, I must be ready to put my husband through grad school this year. I’m thinking about writing a Lifetime movie about it. Less Chipotle: Rachel’s Story – The true story of a young woman who makes minor sacrifices for one calendar year while her husband gets an interesting and highly marketable degree.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To help you with getting ready for Steve's entering grad school, you can go to the library and check out this book: Things I wanted but couldn't get because I am married to an insane person who happens to be a grad student by Dennis Anderson. It's a pretty good book although in my opinion he gets a little bitchy towards the end. Just kidding Dennis =O).