Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ode to Alima Pure

This post is about makeup. I’m sorry.

So usually buying makeup was something I’ve liked the idea of, but truly hated every time I got into the store. I’d sit on the floor of the aisle reading every ingredient and scanning for all the things that kill the world (check out Ingredients to Avoid ). Even most of the expensive brands were filled with cheap, toxic preservatives. I’d usually walk away with something that equated to expensive colored chalk. It was a vicious and frustrating cycle.


Then on Futurenatural, I happened to stumble upon Alima Pure. It’s more expensive than Bonne Bell, but a heck of a lot cheaper than most of the tree-hugger makeup you can find. And that was just the beginning…

  1. Cruelty free and free of the things that give me neuroses – mainly parabens.
  2. Sample products for $1!
  3. For every $10 you spend, you get $1 off your next order.
  4. Jar recycling – return 5 full sized jars and get a free eyeshadow.

So again, sorry, I know this sounds like one big ad. But when a company can worm it’s way into my heart (now it’s Alima, IKEA, and Target), I figured it deserved a mention in case anyone else was looking for environmentally-friendly, non-toxic makeup that actually worked well and came in pretty packaging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My make-up is derived from the sweet nectar of baby seals. Mmm...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Excuse me while I go eat my lipstick.