Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Too much or not enough?

Usually my excuse for not blogging is that I don’t have enough to say because not much changes day to day. But in the past week or so, so much has happened/changed that I don’t really know where to start. Therefore, I’ll just throw it out randomly.

I’m 25 now (happy birthday to me). I really like the idea of 25. I feel young enough to see infinite opportunities ahead, but old enough to know that I have nothing to prove. I kind of hope I feel like this for the rest of my life.

Barack Obama is the President. I finally feel at home in my country, and hopeful for the future.

Going to Vegas for my birthday meant flying for the third time in three months. At this point I can have my shoes and jacket off, liquids out of my bag, and ID and boarding pass in hand in about 13 seconds. I’m looking forward to staying on the ground for at least a couple of months.

My parents are visiting in February, which means that we’ll have a reason to clean our apartment at least once this winter.

We’ve been in FoCo for almost 9 months now. Time has flown by! I really can’t imagine a better place to live, and honestly I’m a little amazed because we set our expectations for this place really high.

The Arizona Cardinals are in the Super Bowl. When I went to college, I didn’t know the Arizona Cardinals were a professional football team.

Prepping for GMATs has made it abundantly clear that neither of us remembers any math. We vaguely remember that you can do stuff to numbers to find other numbers, but don’t remember what that “stuff” is. Hopefully 4 weeks will be enough time to re-learn about 12 years worth of mathematical concepts.

When everything seems to be going so right like this, it makes me worry what kind of upset may be around the corner. But I guess all we can do is keep trying to make the best of everything we’re given.

1 comment:

Mark A Hanna said...

So young to be so wise.