Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We fail…

So while we haven’t technically broken our vegan fast yet, and I’m not sure we will tonight either, I think we’re officially ending it. Mainly because we’re hungry. For now, we plan to go back to a pesco-vegetarian lifestyle with a reduced amount of cheese/dairy.

And that sounds like heaven to me right now. Yogurt, cereal with real milk, and the occasional pizza, plus a salmon filet every once in a blue moon. It really doesn’t get any better than that.

I do think our week or so of being vegan made us realize how much dairy is in everything we eat and how impossible it is for normal people to avoid. I guess it’s good that we at least gained more awareness and will hopefully eat a little more conscientiously in the future.

2 comments:

Mark A Hanna said...

I really don't consider getting a good grasp on reality to be failure! Quite to the contrary, it should be regarded as a success. I'm sure that you were much easier to get along with this past weekend than you were in Phoenix (those poor people!). We truly enjoyed your visit. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that I may celebrate by eating a cow, pig or fish for dinner :-)

Unknown said...

I think the vegan cookies helped see them through;). But I agree with your Dad, you may not have lasted as long as you had hoped, but you still gained something from the experience. Plus, you lasted through a weekend bbq, and that's pretty impressive.